Monday, January 16, 2012

Succesful Spuds

Thank you to all who joined me for lunch on Sunday.  I was overwhelmed by your support and generosity and I took home an astonishing £297 which will go a long way to showing your love to Ray and Sue and Bryan and Anita.

Just 15 sleeps to go now and I have to admit to being very excited. I had a lovely affirming meeting with Julian and Annie Bullen on Saturday. They were the couple who led my first trip to Lesotho back in 2007 and whom I hold responsible for my love of Africa.  They helped me sort a few things out for my summer trip when I will be leading a group of 12 to Beautiful Gate and I have now made contact with a couple of the locals who I met when I was there who are going to help me with some arrangements. It will be so useful to have a local speaker onside who can communicate in Sotho and who I can call on in case of need especially in regard to a trip to the mountains.  It just shows that the world really is a small place with international communication in the 21st century.

Things are being crossed off my list steadily and everything is falling into place slowly.  Internal flights are booked and car is hired for transportation to Beautiful Gate from Bloemfontein.  The weather is pretty hot over there right now and compared to our single figure temperatures over here it is looking decidedly steamy up in the 30's! Next job - to find summer clothes and sun tan lotion from deep in the recesses of my loft.................

4 comments:

  1. Jenny. Just found this link after several weeks off-facebook. PLEASE contact us when you get back; Lynne & I would love to hear how your trip goes and how things work out with new chaps at Beautiful Gate. We have been wondering how that changed situation would affect our own involvement as we think about our own futures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i most certainly will be in touch when I return. Please keep in touch while I am away - you have been there and you will know the situations I am going to be in. x x

      Delete
  2. Oh - and every blessing for your own trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be thinking of you next Tuesday as you venture forth and look forward to reading about this exciting adventure in the weeks ahead. Thank you for giving others the opportunity to see something more of the world out there through your eyes. God Bless

    ReplyDelete