Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Mega storms, sunset and some paint!

That title is chronologically incorrect as I am lying on my top bunk writing this and the rain is absolutely hammering down. Seriously we just don't get rain like this in England. I have just driven back from the curry house in Maseru and fork and sheet Lightning was all around. It was an amazing sight. 

We had previously gone to to Lancers Gap with Bryan and Anita and the Aussies and I fulfilled my now tradition now of taking a ride in the back of Allan's truck. Christian joined me but kept his bottom on the floor at all times....wuss!!!! Allan had put a mattress of sorts in the back in honour of my great age.(I would like to add that he has 7 years on me!!!!)Fortunately he also took a spare top with him for when I felt cold....mine was neatly folded on the chair by the door and I had forgotten to pick it up.

The curry afterwards was slow but probably tasty..... I Had a bit of an dodgy tummy today so I didn't partake of very much...it didn't help that there was no water there so no flushing toilets....great!

During the day I achieved many things...I sanded down and primed a cabinet which I found in the shed which was left for dead. We desperately need some form of shelving in our bathroom so I took that as my project. I even rung one of the maintenance guys up who was at the day store to get him to buy me dome paintbrushes. And he got them for me...result!Tomorrow I need to go and buy some blue paint!

As it is Wednesday we had 'time with God' which is a little service for children and staff. I played the cd my children had made at school and have started recording for a cd of african music to bring back....

I then spent some time with my little friend with cerebral palsy. She had a long term volunteer working with her and she is nOw walking with a frame. The volunteer went home today so I said I would ensure that I continue to help her walking progress and encourage the staff to do it when I leave.

Christian and Craig have been putting up 2 more lots of shelving in 2 more houses and removing toilets and basins....they have worked really hard today. They also mended a cot that was broken so the little occupant does not have to sleeping the mattress on the floor.  These little things just don't get done by the locals who don't see it as a priority. 
 
Alison has spent a lot of her day with the nurse whose name I still can't remember, but she is lovely, teaching her to do spreadsheets and manage data. Steve has been taking computers apart and even went off site this morning with Allan to sort the computers out somewhere else so Allan could get his invoices. He will I have no doubt put me right on that...computers are another language to me...he has done lots of useful IT stuff.


All in all it has been a good day. The storm is still raging....it will go on all night I expect. Up early in the morning for a trip to school so time for sleep now.

 Having been unsure about living with the Australia team, they have really enriched our lives. The banter and conversation has been a lot of fun. They leave on Friday so the house will be quiet after they have gone.

Somia hantle As the say out here....
Stay well
Love
Jenny xxx

1 comment:

  1. No more economy dead pig for you then, upgrade to mattress. Well done. Looking forward to hearing your African CD. Love, hugs & prayers P x x

    ReplyDelete