Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Off we go again....

Well the day is here. This evening at 9 pm Fred, my cousins son, Elinor ( who will be known in future as Nell) and I will be taking off for 3 and a half weeks n Lesotho. It is Nell's first trip, Fred's second and my 10th ( I think). I gave a day's work to get through first and after a very short night last night I should hopefully fall asleep on the plane. 
We arrive in Joburg tomorrow at 8 am English time which will be 10 African time, and then have to change terminals, we are getting an internal flight at 2 down to Bloemfontein and then picking up a car for the 2 hour drive into Lesotho. I didn't fancy the 6 hour drive as the only driver.  It is now Thursday morning and we won't see a bed again until Friday night, is it bad that I am already looking forward to that?
I will endeavour to blog each day from Beautiful Gate but those of you have followed my adventures before know that sometimes the power is out or the wifi becomes unreliable so please do not worry if I miss a day. That message applies especially for my mum!

Thank you for your prayers, i know it will be a great trip but no trip is without its challenges. However well I know the place, we never know what we will encounter until we encounter it.
Fred and Nell have never met and we will be living together for the next few weeks so by the end of our time we will all either be very close or will never want to see each other again! I can't wait to introduce Nell to the things and people I love and I know that everyone at BG will welcome their son Fred back with joy.

See you the other side and I look forward to staring this trip with you.
Love
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment