Friday, October 30, 2015

Our last day

The day dawned all too early. I had blocked the curtain up last night so the sun didn't wake me at 6 like it usually did and that was a mistake. Jane and I had been chatting till gone ,insight last night butt hat was no real excuse for his tired I felt this morning. Josh had been a bit unwell in the night do he stayed home and Fred and I went into playgroup and did do evolution and stickers. Fresh as been in for the 'lesson time' and learnt a few more Sesotho words. I had even called out to look after the you Veronese as the leader had to pop outdo I spent a good half an hour dancing and singing to a doc old spiritual and hymns from,y youth while the children played relatively calmly. It all started going wrong when I was feeding some of the little ones and I realised I was falling asleep. Fred took over this particularly difficult ult child and I went to get dome water knowing the symptoms of dehydrAtion well.  I had a little rest with a particularly bright child in the library and let him tap some keys on Steve's computer .  Lunch time was relatively painless and I felt a little better.
 I took the team into Maseru for the lunch time and we visited the one and only Basotho Hat craft shop where really I have most of their stock dreary in your house. Buying things in Lesotho is slow as they write everything Down in long hand on the receipt and wrap everything very carefully.  Steve went ahead with jane and found a seat in the French cafe ooh la la.....yes it really is spelt like that and everyone ordered a light lunch and sat in the shade...it was again in the upper 30s.
Jane and I had a little rest on our return, Josh went an gave his football t-shirts out to the maintenance boys who loved them. He has been a big hit with them. Josh went to pla football with the children who just love him, as does his house mother. Steve came into help me with the last bit of feeding while I went to visit two new little girls who were admitted this Morning. 
We are now waiting at the takeaway pizza place which I warned them could  be a slow thing. They don't  really do fast food here. I am sitting guarding the car as the sun is settling around me. The pizza has arrived and also a little boy wanting money so will post later ...

Home from the geurinks and in bed having done most of our packing. It was lovely to spend time with them in their new offsite house. We are leaving early in the morning do need an early night.
We depart joburg at about 7.50 our time in the evening ....5.50 your time. Might catch a bit of rugby manual at the airport I guess. We have a stopover in France again and we land Sunday morning at about 8 your time.
Jane is off on an adventure to semonKong tomorrow...just a tad jealous. It is rather beautiful there.
See you soon
Live
Jenny xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment