Wednesday, October 17, 2018
back to Lesotho again
It seems a long time since I last travelled south to Lesotho. A lot has changed, for example, last time I went I was not a grandma! It will feel different this time.
I also have my broken foot to deal with which will mean that some of the things I normally do will not be possible this time - not sure that playing football with the children will be on the cards this time round.
Last time I went with two students and then Steve came out to join us for my third week, this time I am just going for 10 days and am travelling with Christian who is a local builder (and friend) who installed my own new kitchen 4 years ago. We are checked in and flying with Virgin Atlantic who have given us front seats of the section on the aircraft so that I can have extra leg room for my rather large and bulky boot.
We fly at 8 pm tomorrow night from Heathrow and land at 8 am on Friday morning which will be 7 am your time. We will then hire a car and drive down to Lesotho - expected journey time is 6 hours but that is very changeable with road conditions, border delays and really anything can happen.
It has been a very busy week so I am looking forward to the 11 hour flight and plan to sleep for quite a lot of it!
We are joining 4 others already there in our house. Andrew who is a good friend of mine from Belgium who, like me, tries to go out every year to volunteer and 3 Australian volunteers, Barbara, Rosemary and Shane who I have not yet met. I am looking forward to seeing Andrew again and meeting the Australians, I am sure we will be in for some fun and fellowship as well as some hard work.
Christian is taking lots of tools out with him in his luggage and his job is to install the new sinks and handbasins. I will obviously be very happy to help but I am sure there will be jobs more appropriate to my talents.. I am excited to see what they have lined up for me.
I will attempt to update my blog every evening but obviously it will depend on the availability of wifi which is not always reliable. Please do not worry if you do not hear from me.
I love to hear from you too so if you get a chance to respond on the blog, that always makes me happy. It's a long way from home and I always love to hear from you even though I am only away for a short time this year.
I will talk to you again from the Southern Hemsphere.
Love
Jenny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have a great time, don't overdo it, and stay safe x Pam x
ReplyDelete