Mixed emotions tonight - of course I have missed my family and friends and can't wait to see them but there is a part of me that doesn't want this amazing experience to end and there will be a part of my heart that forever resides here in Africa.
| Teka proudly showing me her place in class |
| Panoramice view from the gardens |
| A sausage tree in Kirstenbosch |
| one of the many baboons |
| Ray enjoying the wine tasting |
I have sneezed incessantly today and hope I am not getting a cold just in time to come home having been healthy for the past month.
I arrive home at about 9 a.m. on Wednesday and have the rest of the day to readjust to being back into a new reality. Life will never be the same again after what I have learnt and experienced this month and this will always be a very special time in my life to reflect on. I am concerned as to how I am going to begin to share what has happened with people but those of you who have read my blog will have a head start so thank you very much. I discovered today I have taken over 1800 photos (anyone want a photo evening????) and it is going to take me a while to process everything so please be gentle with me on my return. From speaking to people who have experienced this 're-entry' phase it is going to be a culture shock and I will do my best to slot back into life as best I can in the shortest time possible. I know I will have different priorities and a different outlook on life and I hope and pray that I can share the important things with people without sending them to sleep! When you develop a glazed look after a conversation I will know I have failed.
Thank you for sharing this journey with me - it has been very therapeutic to write down my thoughts at the end of every day. Thank you to everyone who has made this trip possible -from people at home to gave their blessing to enable me to go to my wonderful friends in Cape Town and new friends in Lesotho who looked after me so well. You will forever be very special in my heart and I hope it won't be long until we meet again.
Till then - Peace, Khotso, Vrede, Shalom.....
Jenny x
No comments:
Post a Comment