We have recently returned home from a curry with Bryan and Anita at Lesothos curry house - the regal. A favourite haunt of mine,and as we did tonight I love sitting on the balcony with the sun setting enjoying good food and conversation with my American brother and sister. We went to their house first to give Faith her birthday present and it was lovely to introduce the two new members of the family to steve. We returned there afterwards too and faith had baked a cake for us to share and Elijah had made a union flag to go in the top.....such lovely children.
Earlier in the day we had welcomed a 4 day bay to BG. She was unwanted and had just come out of hospital. I hope and pray that it won't be longer until she can find a forever family who will love her and care for her, she is soooo tiny!
A pair of siblings also arrived today, a 2 year old and a baby..it will take them longer to settle in I think. They came in in some distress. Hope they have a good night's sleep and feel safe and loved. It must be so hard and so confusing for a 2 year old who is old enough to know a little of what is going on.
The little chap who I have fallen in love with today said almost his first words. So far he has only said Aussie which is for someone like Nell.....a young woman, it literally means sister. Today, twice, he said Me' Jenny. The first time I thought I imagined it but the second time Nell was there to confirm it. I was so happy....
We had normal play time this morning and I got the dogs out. When we put them away I decided to wash all the clothes to 2 washing machine loads later I hung it all out on the line to dry. Thankfully it didn't rain today so everything got dry for me to return to the playgroup tomorrow.
Tonight is hot and sticky, we have the fan on in our room which means I will wake it at 4 feeling cold and thinking it is raining!
I am falling asleep whilst writing so will sign off now until tomorrow. Keep well and no doubt see you soon, I can't believe I will be home in England in a week.....not sure how I will cope, I have got used to the African way of life...there is so much I will miss. But I am looking forward to seeing my friends and Jo again and to know that I have only just over a month until I see emma again .....I feel like I have been here for forever and leaving will be hard.
Much love
Jenny x
No comments:
Post a Comment