I had a fleeting thought that today my MOT is due but that feels so far removed from my life I let the thought come and go and trust that my garage have it sorted.
I took some children out for 1 on 1 play this morning, we were doing shape puzzles and building towers with small bricks. Some of them have excellent fine motor skills but some have none so I am trying to work on those. The children love 1 on 1 time, they have so little of it. We did dome dressing up this morning and the children loved it as usual. I decided to bring the dressing up clothes home yo wash as they were quite filthy so that was quite a big task, especially when I went to put the washing machine on and we had no power. Apparently no one had though to check it before we arrived so we had run out. The maintenance men tried to blame me for inefficiency but they know I will give them as good as I get. ...someone was rapidly despatched to town to buy some more.
Lunch was a relaxed affair with a Lindiwe joining us and sharing our meagre spread then e all had a well deserved siesta. Nell and I predictably in the sun while Fred took the shade of the house.
Nell finished her first mural today, it's amazing. I will attempt to post a few pics tomorrow,.will take them on. Y iPad. The children came home from school and saw it and their little faces lit up.
After lunch we had a bit play as it was the first Wednesday of the month which means everyone gets to play, the nurse, the social worker and the office staff, plus the maintenance guys. Everyone had such fun playing a singing game and then doing some traditional dancing. It was hard to tell who was having the most fun, staff or children but it is lovely to see. Having brought a huge water melon earlier in the week, we thought we would share it with the children and staff today...you would think we were giving them gold dust. They all absolutely loved it and cultural differences really showed when all the staff wanted to take the largest piece and were surprised when we wanted to take some home with us but I t was very refreshing after the playtime in the sun. It was up to 30 degrees again today. We are all looking pretty tanned, Nell likened herself earlier to a tomato and actually apologised for her appearance when we went for a pre dinner stroll to the volunteer house to meet the new English girl who had arrived for 6 months.
Dinner followed an exhausting children's dinner time and I cooked a Beef stew which worked out really well. We sat outside under the moon and stars and listened to the frogs croaking......there are a lot of flies around this year and a few mozzies, I know that because I have a few bites appearing. We came in and played uno before Nell could stay awake no longer at which point Fred taught me a new card game until I too could stay awake no longer. Days are long and tiring here....we need sleep.
On that note I will sign off and say sala hantle, go well......
god bless and talk soon.love jenny xx
No comments:
Post a Comment