.....what a wonderful place. If you gave ever had one of those few sublime moments of utter happiness, then you will know how I felt as I got out of the car to pick up the keys to this beautiful little house nestled on the side of a hill down an unmade road overlooking the mountains. It really is perfect. I am writing this from my little bedroom where earlier we were sitting just outside the window on the decking watching the moon rise behind the mountain. There was lightning illuminating the sky beyond and it is just beautiful. Clarens itself is the gateway to the national park where I gave been before and where Craig, Jo and I first saw a herd of zebra. It is a small town which at 5.30 when we got here was closed to shoppers but the restaurants and bars were all open with seemingly just I live musician going round them all. We picked up the keys and drove to the house yo unpack then walked back into town under many oak trees with acorns the size of bullets and chose a pizzeria to eat in because a) they had an open terrace to sit in and b) there was a children's playground which kept Faith and mercy occupied while we chatted. The garlic bread was the size of the pizzas which in turn were about 14 inches in diameter and I ordered one on the side of chicken cannelloni with roasted butternut squash. Absolutely gorgeous. We all ate our fill including drinks and the bill for 6 of us translated into £35 including a tip! As I had promised the children a proper 'miss Jenny adventure' we stopped off on our way home at another restaurant and ordered 2 big ice cream treats with 6 spoons...that went down well and set me back just £5 too.
Tomorrow we are hitting the coffee shop for breakfast and then going to explore the wonderful crafty shops and the little micro brewery. I am thinking I might gave to revisit the pizzeria as I don't appear to gave my glasses(I was wearing contact lenses all evening) and I am hoping that they may gave fallen out my bag over dinner. If not I may gave a problem as I am sure I brought them with me along with my reading glasses which I have. The joys of getting old...,so many pairs of glasses!
When we made it home west straight on the balcony and literally watched the moon rise over the mountains, a digit I don't believe I gave ever seen before. When the children went to bed, Anita, Bryan and I played a game of apples to apples....a favourite of mine from Cape Town days ..an American game for which there is no English equivalent but there should be. We finally couldn't keep our eyes open any more and went to bed.....and here I am.
I know this won't get posted until my return to Lesotho tomorrow night but it is good to write while it is fresh in my mind. It won't take me long to drop off tonight I don't think ready for a fun filled day tomorrow. Will catch up with you then, dear reader.
Till then.......keep warm and see you soon. Less then 2 weeks I will be home.
Jenny xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment